My Baby's Smile. My Journey and Recovery Through Postpartum Depression

Friday, March 27, 2009

A little bit more about me....

I started this blog since I wrote a book on Postpartum Depression. I felt that I needed to get the message out to others that this is an illness that is not mentioned enough while you are pregnant and reading all the baby books. We read and read all the books we can on the upcoming birth, but there is nothing negative that we see to put even a thought in our mind that we may need to look for signs after our baby is born. Then our baby is born and we are told it is our “hormones” if we are having a bad moment. We never really say to ourselves as women..oh I have PPD. We do not want to admit that to ourselves. But this illness has so many forms and can take over our lives, we need to get it out there. Women are not alone and they do not need to be frightened. That is my goal. I was so scared and felt so alone. I did not know what was going on. There is however life..after PPD.