My Baby's Smile. My Journey and Recovery Through Postpartum Depression

Monday, April 27, 2009

Men, what you can do to help your wife with Postpartum Depression

http://thefatherlife.com/mag/2008/01/07/postpartum-depression-what-you-can-do/

I found this article on www.thefatherlife.com and I thought it was good because it gave an insight for men on how to deal better with their wife who has ppd. I know it was very tough on my husband as he did not know what was wrong with me. There were times I did not know what was wrong with me. I think it is very important that men must be there for the mother of their child not matter what. Please support her even if you do not understand what she is going through. It makes it a lot harder if the man in her life gives her resistance every step of the way.

I know this from experience. I think if my husband knew how to get help for me he would have. I think if he knew where to turn it would have helped him. Please, if you think she needs help, any kind of help, please get it for her any way that you can.