My Baby's Smile. My Journey and Recovery Through Postpartum Depression

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Postpartum Depression - NJN News Healthwatch Report

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w-itz_H89E


Great info from the State of NJ and public service announcement. Do we need mandatory screening for new mothers? Should more questions be asked of us from our doctors? There were times that I wished my doctor or pediatrician asked me questions about me, I would mention I was not sleeping, why did nobody pick up on that? That was the first sign for me, insomnia. Even when I went to talk to my doctor the second time and told him some of my symptoms all he told me was to stop breastfeeding. It kind of made sense at the time, but why did he not see the symptoms that I was explaining to him and say to me, "Look I think you have postpartum depression and this is what we need to do." I will never know why it took a few visits to him and me finally breaking down and saying, "I need help!" We all need to be more educated on this topic, not only the public but the doctors and nurses dealing with new mothers. Again, you are not alone, if you need help please talk to you doctor and do not feel ashamed.

view blogs in real time at www.alphainventions.com and www.condron.us