My Baby's Smile. My Journey and Recovery Through Postpartum Depression

Monday, June 8, 2009

Great article in Newsweek by a Father!

I read this article and what impressed me most was his honesty on being a father. It is sad to hear that his marriage failed after all that they went through, but parenting and marriage is difficult. Being a mother is the best job that I have ever had, but at the same time, the hardest! I love my son with everything that I am, but what you don’t realize when that precious miracle is growing inside you, that your life will change forever. Like the father wrote in his article…staying up all night in your 20s when you are out is totally different then when you are in your 30s and you have a baby crying all night. It is just not the same “staying up all night.” I give him so much credit for his honesty!

www.newsweek.com/id/192463
Slouching Toward Fatherhood