My Baby's Smile. My Journey and Recovery Through Postpartum Depression

Friday, May 8, 2009

After a c-section

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/cesareansection/a/aftercsec.htm

Great article if you had or are having a c-section. I did have to have an emergency c-section and I was totally not prepared. I was not told to get up or walk around and I think that is why my recovery took so long. I think it took me about 6-8 weeks before I could actually walk at a normal rate. It has been almost three years and my scar still feels numb.

I was however able to keep my baby in my bed with me and breastfeed. The nurses did help me prop up pillows on my bed so that he could lie next to me. The funny thing is that I did get my husband to change all the diapers in the hospital since I did not get out of bed. Sorry that I missed all the good stuff in the first few days! (lol) Just more FYI that I wish I would not have known before.