My Baby's Smile. My Journey and Recovery Through Postpartum Depression

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today I decided I am going to take a day off of researching and just rejoice! To be happy that I am a mother and have a beautiful boy who will be turning 3 in just about 4 weeks. I waited my whole life for him and he has been the best miracle that could have ever been placed upon me. I waited 39 long years before I had him and it was worth the wait.

As any mother knows, that first time your baby looks at you you melt. I remember when my son was just weeks old I remember him looking up at me and just putting his little hand up on my chin, it made me melt. Each and everyday he just amazes me. The other day he just walked up to me and said, “Mommy, I love you!” I could not believe it. I picked him up and just hugged and kissed him. Each day is filled with a miracle. We need to stop and treasure each moment that we have with our children because the older they get we cannot get back those little precious moments.

I dread the day when he gets older and will not want to grab my face and say, “Mommy, can I have a kiss?” One day he will be turning to me and saying, “Mom, do not kiss me in public.” I truly dread that day.
So no matter what the age of your child..remember you are the mommy and forever will be the first love of their life. Someone sent me this e-mail today, I do not know where it came from or who wrote it, but I thought that I would post it and share it with you all.

“Your Mother is always with you. She’s the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street, she’s the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and perfume that she wore. She’s the cool hand on your brow when you’re not feeling well, she’s your breath in the air on a cold winter’s day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep . . . the colors of the rainbow . . . she is Christmas morning.
Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she’s crystallized in every tear drop. A mother shows every emotion: happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow . . . and all the while, hopes and prays you will only know the good feelings in life. She’s the place you came from, your first home, and she’s the map you follow with every step you take. She’s your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space . . . not even death!” ~Unknown

Happy Mother’s Day! Have a great day all you mommies out there or all the mommies to be!