My Baby's Smile. My Journey and Recovery Through Postpartum Depression

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Diet and Depression

http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/diet-recovery
Found this on www.webmd.com this also ties back to the things that I talked about regarding vitamins. Again, “we are what we eat” as the old saying goes. Someone once told me that you should not think of going on a diet, but you should eat like you would feed your child. That is so correct. I know that I watch everything that my 3 year old eats. He does not get candy (unless a special occassion), no soda, no cookies, only part juice in his cup with water, and among other things I also watch his carbs and bread intake. In fact his teacher remarks that on the days I send him to school with a sandwich he takes everything out of the bread and leaves it. I try to think about that when I am reaching for the cookie and thinking that I would not let my child eat it as it would be too much sugar and that would then effect his mood.
I must now try and put this into effect. I am taking the vitamins each day now, almost two weeks. I am getting my energy back, now I must start the “diet” and the exercise. Good Luck!