My Baby's Smile. My Journey and Recovery Through Postpartum Depression

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Different ways to lessen depression...

http://www.northscottsdalewellness.com/doctor/chiropractor/10151S/scottsdale-chiropractor/sad.htm
After reading this article I have to agree on diet, vitamins and depression. The first thing that my therapist said to me on my first visit was, “You also need to take supplements.” When I was first diagnosed with PPD and I had my first therapy session, my therapist gave me a list of supplements to take. I immediately went to Whole Foods on my way home and bought what she told me I should be taking. I took the vitamins along with my medication.
I did take Omega-3, Vitamin B complex, calcium, Vitamin C and a multi vitamin. I think there were some more in there, but as of today I cannot remember all of them. I think that they helped due to the fact that if you learn how the vitamins work with your body you can get the whole picture of why you need them.
I also do believe in Chiropractic. If you are in the Scottsdale area, please look up Dr. Siegel and see how he can help you. If you also look at his website he also has other women related articles that you may find helpful.
Remember to get better you also must learn how to take care of yourself. I tend to forget that myself these days and as I put up these articles for everyone I realize I must start to again take care of myself like I did a few years ago. Not only is this good for you, but it also makes you a better Mommy!